In year 2011 TAM AS is 30 years old. During the lifetime TAM AS has designed and produced almost all types of mobile military lightweight shelters, using a self-produced, and professional, glued, self-supporting sandwich system. All delivered shelters are in good health and in use except for a few ruined in accidents.
TAM AS sandwich system is a very strong, have good insulation, low weight and is a self-supporting building material which does not need internal or external stiffeners, corrugation or similar. TAM AS sandwich system is not affected by humidity or fungus and does not age. A quality sandwich-shelter has no maintenance costs except for moving parts and paint when needed. Official life time is estimated to more than 25 years. TAM AS sandwich panels are produced as individuals. The thickness and material on inner and outer skin as well as the core material is variables to meet the demands for strength and insulation etc.
Mobile & Semi-Mobile Lightweight Shelters
TAM has developed a wide range of lightweight mobile shelters for rapid deployment to meet relevant MIL.STD, STANAG and ISO-standards. The company develops new and refines existing products in close collaboration with military and civilian clients.
Lightweight Shelters with Many Options
TAM specializes in lightweight expandable and non-expandable shelters for all transport. TAM AS ISO 20’ and 10’ are tested and supplied with CSC safety certificate. Automatic expansion and integrated hook lift are options.
All shelters are produced in TAM’s high quality glued self-supporting sandwich system which offers excellent strength, low weight, good insulation and very low life cycles cost. The shelters are assembled with TAM’s own designed profile systems to avoid terminal bridges. Shielding and other options can be obtained if desired.
Among the latest designs TAM would like to focus on the lightweight shelter type 72 “family” which can be produced in both 2 and 3 times expandable as well as non expandable.
Another shelter is the unmanned and remote operated generator shelter with all accessories for arctic condition. TAM AS took the challenge and has reached the goal.
- Shelter type 72STS CM is among the Most Advanced ISO 20’ lightweight expandable shelter system there is, with advanced features covering almost all aspects for international operation in climatic zone A1 to C2. Several versions and options are available.
- Shelter Type 69000 is an expandable 20’ shelter with integrated tunnel generator and hook lift frame. The aft end is expandable and is a combined entrance room and wardrobe to obtain a clean and secure operator inside. The shelter is a part in the Link 16 system.
- Shelter Type 68000 is an expandable 10’ self supporting shelter type for Link 16 with integrated tunnel generator and fulfills required specification secure handling and operation.
- Shelter type 58KV is an advanced civilian lightweight shelter specially designed for arctic conditions as an unmanned power supply unit with integrated generator and battery bank for supplying 230VAC, 24VDC and 12VDC.
The shelter housing a lot of equipment for remote control, monitoring and operation of all internal installations as well as outside equipment connected to the shelter. It is just to log on your computer wherever you are. The system is designed for air lift by small helicopters.
This military shelter type was developed in 1984, came into serial production in 1986 and still in production. All shelters are in perfect condition and in operation both domestic and abroad. Extreme low life cycle cost is verified by MoD due to our high quality lightweight sandwich system.
- Shelter type 73VTC is an ISO 20’ shelter designed for Video Teleconference (VTC) with focus on secure video conferences worldwide. The shelters are security approved by all Norwegian military and national authorities and have CSC certificate for safe handling.
- HMMWV Shelter Type 63000 (TAM’s S-250), designed for the HMMWV to operate in extremely hot climates. The shelter is delivered with a super-silent, diesel generator to meet extra high ambient temperatures. As usual all TAM lightweight military shelters are produced in the company’s advanced lightweight, hard skin sandwich system. This provides the shelters with excellent performances and very low lifecycle costs.