1. Defence Industry is known to be a very vast sector and with regards to high security, importance etc. compared to other industries. What’s do you think about this perspective?
It is true that Defence Industry as such today includes practically everything that belongs to the normal life. It is not anymore weapon industry, but much more. The needs of the defence forces have increased and expanded to all industrial and commercial sectors. However, a single company is still mainly active in their own business and technology area and often concentrates more and more to the key technologies and businesses. Defence products are often only one sector of the company’s activities. High security and importance belongs in my opinion and experience today to all companies working in business to business. Defence industry does not make any big difference from this.
2. Can you please outline the basic structure of NOPTEL OY, and about its expertise for optical training system for military and law enforcement professionals.
Noptel’s leading principle is to make training devices and systems that are extremely easy to use, allowing every shooter and instructor to use it without special expertise. And what is as important, the system gets to the point, efficiently improves the shooting skills of the shooter. No bells and whistles, just simple training. This principle makes the structure of the system simple and reliable and allows arranging the training of single shooter or a complete training centre. Portability and indoor/outdoor training capability increases the effective use of the training devices in many different training tasks.
3. What excites you most about Defence Sector and what were the most important achievements for NOPTEL OY in Defence Sector?
Noptel’s products have direct effect to the shooting skills. We get frequent feedback from the users, telling stories about the improvement of the shooting scores of the soldiers and easier passing of shooting tests. That motivates working even harder with the defence sector.
4. What do you think of all the talk about India as a manufacturing hub for Defence Industry today?
India is surely a potential manufacturing hub for many industries. There can be found both trained experts and craftsmen. The precondition is that the manufacturing volume must be high enough to be economical and reasonable for the companies.
5. Q What is the place of innovation in a company as large as NOPTEL OY,? Where are your key markets and where would you see your main focus in the future?
Noptel’s technology follows the latest solutions and innovation in its own technology area. That is the strength of Noptel’s products. Since the foundation the company has been in the forefront of the optical measurement technology and for good reason the products can be classified to High Tech.
6. NOPTEL OY is growing fast across the globe, since its inception in the year 1982. How do you see things going forward in Asian region? What else is driving NOPTEL OY’s growth?
Asia has always been an important market for noptel. Since end of 80’s we have delivered continuously products to Asian customers in many countries. We see Asia still an important market and it is actually one our key markets. But today many new markets are becoming also active concerning shooting training. For example, Africa and South America are very potential for Noptel
7. Everyone talks about effective customer service, ensuring Customer Delight. How do you ensure this at NOPTEL OY?
Noptel has for years tried to put more effort to the customer service and after sales support. It is too easy for the suppliers to sell and leave the products to the responsibility of users. In two years the products can easily be underutilized if there is no frequent support. I see that the active and frequent support and customer service helps both the supplier and the user to efficiently utilize the products and that it in interest of both parties to make such co-operation.
8. What makes you so different from your competitors in terms of developing these products? What was the last major project that you have won in designing optical training systems?
As said, we have always been technically incomparable. We have the best designers who can make wonders even when the requirements are almost impossible. We believe in our skills and designers and so do the customers. Some military products, not only the shooting training products, are unbeatable in respect to size, performance and simplicity.
9. What do you see as the single biggest challenge for the Defence Industry in 2013? What are some of the newer, exciting technologies or products that NOPTEL OY is working on?
The biggest challenge is the unpredictable nature of the defence projects together with the limited funds. Long project delays and quoting process make the work very stressful. Putting effort actively shortening the delays would help the suppliers and the military customers to better benefit about the products and projects. Noptel has brought a new small range finder for middle ranges to military market. The fist size unit can be used in many military applications requiring distance measurement on 1-8 km range
10. Defence-industries is a connecting point for buyers and suppliers across the global defence industry. Used daily as means of creating partnerships and as a point of reference by professionals within the defence industry, this comprehensive resource supplies the latest news releases, detailed information on industry projects, event information and careful segregation of products and services. What do you think about our website which promotes & brands defence industry today on such a wide scale?
Internet is a great opportunity to promote the products today, but also excellent tool for the buyers to find what is available and also check the comments of the other users. A wide and comprehensive platform is surely good for the audience. It makes the search easier and provides with small effort a comprehensive picture about the area of interest